7 Replies
John Morgan

Hi BJ,

Thanks for checking in on this! I understand you are looking for an update on a feature that checks broken links. We currently have this logged as a feature request, but there currently hasn't been any movement on this as we prioritize other requests. I'm going to include your voice in the request and we’ll update this discussion when there is any news to share about this.

Judy Nollet

IMHO, a "broken link checker" within the Articulate software would be minimally useful. Sure, perhaps it could find all the links that are truly broken, that is, links that are no longer active. The developer would still have to edit those links, either by correcting the URL (and re-checking it!) or deleting the link entirely. 

But what about links that go to an active but wrong website? Those aren't "broken" in the same sense. But they are still incorrect and need to be fixed.

• The only way to find incorrect links is for a human to test every link to ensure it goes to the appropriate site.
  • Okay, it might be possible to do this with AI. But, personally, I wouldn't trust AI to judge whether a working link is "correct" or not. In other words, it'd still require human testing. 

Bottom line: The development schedule should include adequate time for quality-assurance testing, because it is an important part of the process.